Sunday, August 18, 2013

7 Habits Songs - Finalized!




For the last two weeks, I've been working on creating kid-friendly 7 Habits songs.  There are some Habits songs available on youtube, but many (including the cute and popular one set to "Rolling in the Deep") are NOT appropriate for younger elementary voices.

For my own staff, I created a PDF file with the songs (sheet music for musicians/older students and a colorful, printable lyrics sheet for students) with accompanying recordings (MP3 versions that you can play through iTunes or Windows Media).  The recordings really aren't performance quality - but are good for practice and to learn the song.
Sample Lyrics Slide

Sample Music Notation Slide

I'll be teaching all of the songs to my students for the next month or so.  The students are already enjoying the simple tunes and LOVE adding motions to help them remember the lyrics.

5 comments:

  1. Hi! I want to say first that I LOVE your blog and all of your amazing ideas. Thank you for posting all that you do!! My school is about to become a 7 Habits school, and I was thinking that I might center 1 of my concerts next year around Leader in Me songs. Would you be able to send me the 7 Habits songs you used with your students this year? My email address is kanderson@troy.k12.mi.us. Thank you SO much!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it possible to get a copy of these? Are they on teacherspayteachers?

    ReplyDelete
  3. My school is becoming a 7 habits school, and I am really excited that I stumbled across your blog! Would you be willing to share/sell your 7 habits songs? I am very interested in what you are doing in your classroom in incorporate this new way of teaching.

    My email is heather_felsted@scps.k12.fl.us

    ReplyDelete
  4. My school is becoming a 7 habits school. I was wondering if you are willing to share/sell your 7 habits songs. I love the songs that you have of for Be Proactive. My email is mpaltura@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. My school is incorporating the 7 habits. Would you be willing to share/sell your 7 habits songs?

    My email is tiffany.adcox@ucps.k12.nc.us

    ReplyDelete